Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Too Good To Be True

It's been a few weeks since I've written and for good reason. Everything was great! I was feeling like a million bucks (a bit tired, but so what). I was catching up on life, since so much of it has passed me by.

I've been very busy preparing last minute things for our wonderful trip and now this.

I awoke this morning with a sore throat. Not uncommon, I've been doing more than I should and not resting as much as I should. However, this was not the standard sore throat that a lozenge and a cup of tea would help. No, not me....nothing simple about it. I went to the MD to get checked out today, after all, I am leaving tomorrow. My throat got checked, glands got checked and then when my MD hugged me, I got really nervous. I was told that for whatever reason, things don't happen on a small scale with me. Instead of telling me I have a little virus that will clear up by tomorrow or at the very latest the following day, I was told without a shadow of a doubt, I have strep throat. WHAT!!!! Is this life of mine for real? Can't I just go away with my husband and have a fabulous holiday without the added worry of strep?

Over the past few weeks, some arthritis has set in and I was barely coping with that news flash. Now this....diagnosed strep throat one day before my departure. I am not happy. I had a little meltdown out of shear frustration and disbelief.

I am now on antibiotics for the majority of my holiday. Isn't that just fantastic? Isn't that just wonderful?

On another note, I have something to share with my loyal readers. I caved. Yes, the tinsel was dreary and making me feel down and I needed a lift, so, I found a natural hair colour salon that took extra special care of me and I must say....I look and feel like a million. The tinsel will be back, of course, just not yet. I am too young to give into it and I suspect in ten years or so, I will be more open to it. I want to thank all the tinsel supporters out there for going through this with me for so long. You all look beautiful in your natural essence and more importantly, it's about how you feel. So keep on feeling great.

I am off tomorrow on a wonderful journey with my husband, my luggage, my hormonal support system and now....my antibiotics. If cancer couldn't knock me down, I'll be damned if a little strep throat will.

So there you have it. I'm going to enjoy my vacation and love every minute of the amazing things I will be doing and seeing. Lunch with Liz...that's Queen to the rest of you, hahaha.
Rest and relaxation, special one on one time with my hubby and just a good old fashioned get away.

I will post more upon my return.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a fabulous time Melanie (and Phil). Enjoy this trip of a lifetime! Be happy and healthy!!!!

P.S. I sent you an email as well.
xoxoxo Barry & Arlene