If you haven't tried kick boxing yet, it is something else. Today I was invited to attend the Richmond Hill Cancer Society's launch of a program called "Girls Night In". This is a fundraising program where one could host an evening or afternoon at their home, invite a bunch of girls for a few light refreshments and there may or may not be a theme. Donations are then made to the Canadian Cancer Society in whatever amount each guest desires. It would be equivalent to the cost of a night out. Great concept!
Today's launch was at a kick boxing studio and at first I thought I would sit out and watch, as I was certain I wouldn't have the energy to participate. There were a couple of photographers from some local newspapers there as well to record the event and photograph it. I tried to hide, but was brought in for the photo....boxing gloves and all.
Once I had the gloves on and the lesson was about to begin, I looked around the room at all the rubber dummies lining the mirrored walls. Each one had a T-shirt on with different sayings: "I'm Menopause" "I'm the guy who dumped you for someone else", etc. I stood in front of the "I'm Menopause" dummy and found myself taking part in this lesson. What a work out!!!!
We were asked to let our imaginations take over and let it all out on the dummy. Punches, kicks, upper cuts, etc.
Well, for someone who didn't think she had the energy....I went completely ballistic. It was awesome! I had to be pulled off the dummy and stopped a few times. Any guesses who I imagined the dummy to be? It felt so good and it was an amazing stress release. I am actually considering signing up for some classes. I think that this physical outlet (beating) would do wonders for me once a week.
I might even bring my son to let out some of his frustrations. Like I told him, kick boxing rocks.
Friday, September 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yes if you really get into, it is a real workout, a good stress release too. I did it before, but now just no time. I still remember the 24 hour marathon in kung-fu I did for Easter Seal fundraiser. Anna.
Post a Comment