My first three month follow up, post chemo/radiation went well. A lengthy discussion and question/answer period was followed by a physical exam which completed the appointment. Although I got the "all clear" and was thrilled, I remained calm because I know, realistically, that I have to go through this every three months for the next three years. Then every four months, five months, six months, etc. I don't know that the fear will ever be gone. I don't know that the calmness will ever remain for longer than a few moments and although I realize that no one knows their future...no one knows what's going to happen...I may be more aware and tense than the average person. My goal is to try to enjoy the good news each time it comes and live my life to the fullest.
I am hoping that I will find some relief in the Naturopathic sector. I have been given a "mood stabilizer" from the Oncologist, but I won't take it until I hear back from the Naturopath's testing, which should be soon. I am also being referred to another "hormone specialist" to deal with the menopause and it's symptoms.
Medical appointments, tests, healing, resting, recovering, etc. This has become my full time job. But, in the meantime....I have been told "all clear" and that's what matters for right now.
Friday, February 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Fanf#*%ingtastic!!!! A step in the direction towards continued health!!!!! I am so excited that the first hurdle has been cleared. Much love!
I am so proud of you, Melanie! Enjoy this news and let it bring you more light! It's okay to celebrate. You deserve it, baby.
Can't wait to see you,
Suz
xo
Melaine, that is the best news we've heard yet.
All the best,
Barry & Arlen
Post a Comment