After receiving the news of "All Clear" I seem to be feeling better. My energy level seems to be up, my mood rages have been less often and I seem to be smiling a lot more. Could this be a case of mind over matter? I think it's a strong possibility. Could it be the Naturopathic remedies taking effect so soon? Could it be a coincidence? It makes perfect sense to be tense when you don't know which way is up. When you don't know which way things are going to go medically, it's a stressful situation. Stress can do major things to one's body and mind.
While I feel better about the news and slightly less stressed, I still have to deal with the reality that this going to continue every three months for three years. I continue to pray and continue to live. I am now more in touch with the anger I feel. I am angry that this good feeling will be zapped from me, yet again. In about a month's time the radiation to the brain will commence and is already becoming a major thorn in my side. I want to feel good for longer than a month. I want to feel good forever. This is such a tease. I have been tested to the max and I have experienced an incredible roller coaster of emotions, physical ailments and stress. After all I have been through and with what I am about to go through, there is now a brighter light at then end of this very dark tunnel. Hopefully, the next course of radiation will do it's job and will be my last. Then, after all is said and done and I am fully recovered, my wonderful husband and I will take some time off to enjoy an exotic "survival" holiday. This is something positive to look forward to.
Regardless of whether this is mind over matter, I am happy and prepared to live fully and enjoy each day as it comes.
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment