Monday, May 11, 2009

It's Over....Now What!?!

The treatments are over. YAY!!! The trips downtown everyday to the hospital are over. YAY!!! The pain and nausea are dissipating. YAY!!! I am as free as a bird. YAY!!! I don't have to stay home as much. I am not working right now. What now!?! Is it possible? Am I actually a lady of leisure? Do I get to sit around eating bon bons and watching soap operas if I choose? I hope I can deal with the change of pace. I do, however, have to prepare for my upcoming fabulous trip. I awoke this morning with this exact thought..."What the f&*#? Can this be? I actually don't have any medical appointments this week for the first time in many months....Wow!"

I have already gone grocery shopping (first time in months) and it took me an hour and a half. I am in the process of organizing the "home office". This will take some time. I am lunching with friends, catching up with errands and of course, getting ready for the big trip.

Last week, however, was the 3 month CT Scan for the Cancer nonsense. I now have to wait 2 weeks for the results. Two whole weeks! Why do they make us wait so long? I'm pretty sure they know what's what as the scan is going on. I'm pretty sure they can tell cancer from no cancer. What's up with that? Just a different kind of torture, I suppose. I have no choice but to hold my breath until the results come in.

And so my life, thankfully, goes on. I do what I want...when I want...how I want...if I want. Hmmm, maybe this isn't so bad after all.



No comments: