Friday, May 1, 2009

Asta La Vista, Baby!

It's over!!!! It's finally over!!!!!

What a week!!! What a day!!!

This week was filled with great advice for nausea. Some worked and some, well, not so much. It was filled with great dinners brought by friends and thankfully, I was able to enjoy a little bit. I was showered with ginger and peppermint yesterday and today was filled with the surprise of flowers and balloons when I arrived at the hospital for my final treatment.

I am blessed with the most thoughtful friends.

Today started off with extreme nausea and headache. So, of course, I thought that I may not make it through my very last treatment. Thankfully, I did. However, not before I had to be placed in the contraption twice. Once is bad enough, but twice!!! The measurements were off so it had to be repeated from the beginning. I made it through. I have had a very warm group of radiation therapists and said goodbye with hugs and well wishes. My favourite therapist, who left for a different position a couple of weeks ago was called down to join in the goodbyes. How thoughtful!

I am told to expect the side effects to last anywhere from two weeks to several months. As many of you know, I am going on a luxurious vacation with my husband and don't have time for more sickness. So, I have decided to give it a couple of weeks and that's it.

Funny enough, next week is filled with more medical appointments, follow ups, CT Scan for the Cervical Cancer, etc. One technician suggested I cancel the CT Scan for next week because drinking the "solution" prior to the scan could potentially make me do the unthinkable - that's right - puke! I can't have that, so, I will see how I feel at the beginning of the week and play it by ear.

I will take this opportunity to thank everyone for their support, love, encouragement, laughter, advice, flowers, meals, kind words, thoughtfulness and really....just for being there for me during the most difficult time in my life. If there was any question before, I know who my friends are and I love each and every one. G-D bless all of you. I wish you good health always.

Much love,
The Positive Thinker

No comments: