Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Putting the Past Behind Me

It is now day 3 of no treatment. How odd for me to wake up without wondering how sick I am going to feel. I guess I am still waiting for the other shoe to drop. You see, it was only last week when the Doctor reminded me that I will be feeling quite awful for the next couple of weeks, at least, but I am happy to report, this is not the case. I am feeling quite "good" considering. I have fewer headaches. I have less nausea. I have a bit more energy. My days are filled with medical appointments, but no treatments. This I can handle.

I am fully prepared to just be. No specific plans other than my trip of a lifetime in about a month. Other than that, perhaps I will catch up with friends. Hear more about them and their lives and take the focus off of me for a while. Perhaps I will take up gardening, as suggested by my "older" sister. She is very wise, but this one, I'm not too sure about. I have a black thumb. Most of the plants in my house are "not real" because I have been known to kill a few in my day. One thing is for sure....I am taking the summer off to just be and enjoy. Recuperate and rest.

In more ways than I can mention here....I am putting the past behind me.


No comments: