Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Chemo Complete!!!!!

After completing my fifth and final Chemotherapy treatment, I am elated and completely spent. I shared a very special moment with my wonderful husband, my two moms, my three dads, one sister, another sister by phone, one niece, and one out of four kids. Let us not forget all the nurses and my dear friend whom I met during Chemo who has been a wonderful support throughout. What a party! They were all there during my final Chemo treatment and were there with me when I rang the victory bell. What an emotional moment! I continue to pray that the horror of the side effects weren't for nothing. I pray that the endless trips downtown everyday weren't for nothing. I pray that this aggressive treatment worked and killed every bit of cancer sitting in my body.

The meeting with the MD on Tuesday was as expected. She still wouldn't give me a guarantee that everything will work out and be ok. She still had to mention the rarity of my cancer and only hope that all will be well. As much as I like her and think she is not only a skilled surgeon and oncologist, but a very, very nice person.....I still hope I never have to see her again. If I have to see her again, it means things didn't go well and I would be in need of her help to try to get better again. So, let us say thank you Doctor....we appreciate everything you have done for me.....BYE BYE!

I am again, eternally grateful to so many people for seeing me through this. You all know who you are and I love you for your endless support and selflessness.

Three more radiation treatments and a couple of weeks later I should begin to feel more like myself....whoever that is.

No comments: