Sunday, November 23, 2008

There Is Light At The End Of This Tunnel

For a long time I wasn't convinced that I would ever see the light at the end of this very dark tunnel. However, almost two weeks post treatment, I am starting to see the light. As each day passes, I feel better bit by bit. I am grateful for this however insignificant it may seem. I am gaining more strength, more energy and that G-d awful metallic taste is only part time instead of full time. The esophagus burning has eased up (of course, now it depends what I eat). Hence, I can sometimes enjoy food now like special Holy Chicken Soup (made by my Rabbi). There are still issues with a couple of organs that were hit by the radiation and I pray that this too will ease up. As difficult as it is at times, I am trying to remain positive and do what I can.....when I can.

I did manage to go out for dinner with some friends last night and was able to enjoy a fabulous meal and some great company. I find it is important for me to get out when I can and enjoy my friends and family in a different environment.

Equally as important was the benefit I received by going to a fabulous Cantorial Concert on Wednesday evening. I went for several reasons....I wanted to support my Cantorial Soloist, who was spectacular (as always)....I wanted to support Kolel, who put the whole program together.....and.....I wanted a night out (as I haven't had many lately). I didn't expect to get so much out of it. It was inspiring, empowering, and healing. I loved it! Everyone was fabulous and the combined powerful voices of these women was earth shattering (in a good way). I cannot wait for the CD to be released.....yes....it was that good. Thank you to all the participants who touched my heart that night.

Cheers! Here's to the light.

P.S. A loving Happy Birthday wish to you Dad. I wish you all the happiness you deserve and good health always.

No comments: