You know me...I have very little patience. So, when my treatments ended, I expected to be feeling better immediately. Nope! Not happening....not this time. I am feeling the effects terribly and there's not much I can do about it. I figure another week or so before my stomach and digestive system are back in order. I pray that my bladder and bowel come to terms with the next few weeks and start healing....and then.....maybe.....I can begin a life with normalcy.
So, the control freak in me, has to sit back and wait. I hate not being able to control this. All I want for Christmas is to feel better and be healthy. Forget the two front teeth....I already have those. Just to be able to enjoy the taste of food, not be on any meds, and have the energy to be me.
Side effects of this ass kicking treatment has been by far the most brutal attack on my body ever. Although, I know it's a matter of time before I start to feel better.....I want to feel better NOW!!!!!!
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Keep up your spirits - you WILL feel better. It took about 2 weeks for the radiation effects to completely loosen their hold on my mum, but now she is feeling terrific and is bounding around York Region getting chores done. She starts part 3 (chemo only, 5-two week cycles) next week, but has been so rejuvenated by the break in treatment - she is a different woman. So it will happen to you TOO! I'm rooting for you!
From one control freak to another:
While I truly understand the need to have a handle on everything that is happening, sometimes even the most type A needs to let go and grant yourself permission to feel shitty!! It may sound like a cliche-but this too shall pass!! Rejuvenation is right around the corner. Love and strength!!
I appreciate the words of encouragement...I'm gonna get there, eventually.
Post a Comment