Five weeks ago it was one down.....twenty four to go. Today it is twenty four down and one to go. YAY!!!!!
No matter what I did to try to make time stand still, it didn't and so it goes. Five weeks has now passed and with one more radiation treatment to go and all five Chemo treatments under my belt, I guess I'm supposed to feel like some kind of hero, but I don't. I feel like the same scared little girl who was told a couple of months ago that she had cancer. I'm glad the treatments are nearly over and the accumulative effects have been brutal at times, but it's soon finished and within a couple of weeks I should start to feel more "normal".....whatever that is. It's been so long, I'm not entirely sure I remember what it feels like, but I look forward to it anyway.
In the meantime, my Buddy is home. I didn't realize how much I missed him until he came home. Buddy, our dog, has been staying with our dear friends for a couple of months while I've been recovering from surgery and going through treatments. Now, he's home and I can't help but feel he is exactly where he is supposed to be right now. He is such a good dog, he already knows what's going on with me and has not left my side all evening. I just know that he is to be part of the rest of my recovery. Thank you, thank you to our dear friends for taking him in, loving him, caring for him and making him part of your family. We love you for that and for so much more.
My Dad has been here all week to take me to all my treatments and we are both exhausted. It's not just the treatments and waiting around, but all the driving....two hours a day at least thanks to all my rush hour appointments. Thanks Dad....it's been quite the week for bonding, hasn't it? :)
This weekend promises to be quite busy and I will try to get through all the Simcha's (celebrations). Things are starting to look up and I am promising myself a quicker recovery time....I really need this. After all....I am the Positive Thinker.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment