It's bad enough I had to wait until a Monday for my last treatment. Of all my appointments, this one was not early in the morning. I actually had to wait....wait I say until after 1:00 p.m. for my treatment to begin. Then, not only do I get my regular radiation treatment, but what seems like a double dose of it. Like a booster....zap, zap, zap. I was only energized because I realized it was my last treatment and after a lovely lunch with a dear friend (my schlepper for the day), I came home to sleep.
What on earth have they done to me????
My stomach is like a train wreck. I eat to survive, not to enjoy. There is no taste except metallic. The meds will end shortly and the bloated me will eventually start to dissipate. I hope to enjoy some good times and eventually some good food for a while at least before my next "big surgery". I don't want to think about that.
In the meantime, I want to enjoy this grand finale. I have thrown out some meds that were required for radiation and are no longer of any use to me. What a great feeling!!!
I now munch on banana flavoured popsicles to keep hydrated (I can't drink anymore). I eat my lemon drop candies to rid myself of the metallic taste in my mouth and I rest.
I have to deal with the side effects for another 2 - 3 weeks before starting to feel like a human being again and I must say....I am looking forward to it. I want my life back. I want to enjoy my husband and children like the "old days". I want to exercise (I know I can't for a while....don't give me a hard time) I want to be better than I used to be. Yes, it will take some time and hopefully, I have enough of it to get the job done.
I will now take the time to officially thank our dear friends, family and community for pitching in with cooking, shopping, schlepping, talking, visiting, and caring.
I cannot express enough love, thanks, gratitude and appreciation for the overwhelming support we have received during this horrific time.
THANK YOU!!!!!!
THANK YOU!!!!!!
THANK YOU!!!!!!
With love,
The Positive Thinker
Monday, November 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment