Today, I awoke with a headache and that has never proven to be a good thing in the past. It usually means the beginning of a crappy day - all around.
As if that wasn't bad enough - it's snowing. Rainy, snowy, slushy, yucky, cold and head achy...not a great combo.
I thought it might be a good idea to leave a bit earlier for my radiation treatment today, in case it took longer to get there. As it turned out, it wasn't necessary. We arrived about 20 minutes early only to discover that the unit was running, at first, 45 minutes behind. After waiting for an hour (with a pounding headache), I checked the unit update and found it was now running 90 minutes behind. A total of 2 1/2 hours later, I was finally called in. My head was killing me before I started and with all the metal clanging, head jarring, machine buzzing, I was simply beside myself.
The only "good" part of the day was spending all that extra time with a dear friend...laughing, sharing and just being together.
I am writing today's blog while suffering with this insane headache. No husband or kids for the evening leaves me to sleep peacefully and soundly.
Tomorrow has to be better...it just has to.
Monday, April 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment