'Tis the Season.......
While undergoing Chemotherapy, I was advised not to colour my hair during treatment and for about a month after treatment. Well, I am one month post Chemo treatments and I am noticing the "tinsel" or "natural highlights) mixed in with my brown hair. Although I am now "allowed" to colour my hair, I wonder if I should just leave it alone. After all, I have earned each and every one of those "gray" hairs (I prefer to call them tinsel). Stress is a huge contributing factor and I guess I have had quite a bit of that in my life.
Considering the fact that I could very well have lost my hair during treatment, I'd say I am fortunate enough to have my hair altogether, so why should I care what colour it is. Then again, there's this little thing called vanity. So many women suffer from it. Is it the way we were raised? Is it the fashion magazines? Is it all the advertisements and media, movies and television? Who knows for sure....maybe all of the above.
Either way, I am going to try to let it go and not colour my hair. (Although, I am human and I might cave at some point) I have enough noticeable tinsel, but not enough to call myself "salt and pepper". Yet, I have too much tnsel to just be a few strands. So, I am caught in the middle...it's like having short hair and growing it out....you go through that funky, in- between stage.
Tinsel....not so bad, when you have realized that each and every one has been earned and well deserved.
Health & Strength to all this Holiday Season.
Monday, December 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment