Friday, October 24, 2008

3 Weeks & Counting

It's been a complete three weeks of treatments and I can honestly say I am exhausted. I don't think I was prepared for the physical beating my body would be taking during this time. My energy is limited and it really is an adjustment. Thank goodness my loved ones have been patient and are trying very hard to understand the demands that my treatments place on me.

Today, being two days post Chemo, is not the best day. This seems to be when the nausea kicks in, the fatigue is high, and the overall feeling like crap is in gear. After a surprise visit from the Dietitian at PMH, I was given some tips on how to maintain and handle the upcoming weeks. Of course it all depends on what my system can handle. There is very little consistency in my ability to digest foods at any given time, regardless of what it is. Comfort foods seem to work well....most of the time.

I am forever grateful for all my dear friends and family who have sat with me and taken me to my treatments and entertained me thus far. I am thrilled that my Dad is coming in for my last week of treatments to support me and try to see that I have some sort of good time. There is no greater love than that of a parent. (Except for that of a child) Thanks Dad, I'm looking forward to spending some quality time with you.

And now, I bid all a good night as I am planning to crash for the evening. I do hope to attend Torah Study once again tomorrow. Of course, only time will tell.

The weekend looks good for some R & R. I look forward to the slowdown...and not running downtown everyday.

No comments: