Friday, October 31, 2008

Good News is Hard to Come By

Here we are....another week passed. Four weeks of Chemotherapy and Radiation under my belt and I feel every bit of it. In my last blog, I noted that there is internal radiation to go through as well and the end of the five weeks. Now I find out....thank G-D, that it may not be necessary and that I will be spared the permanent side effects of this horrible treatment. YAY!!!! It's not everyday I get wonderful news and this is just great! I am now expected to complete my treatments by November 10th. I cannot express enough of my gratitude to all my family and friends for seeing me through so far.

The side effects, I'm told won't go away right away. They'll probably stay with me for 3 weeks or so and then I can expect to feel a bit more normal. I must say, I welcome that feeling....normal.....I'm not sure I remember what that feels like, but I bet I'll enjoy every minute of it. At least until the next surgery and round of Radiation.

For now....I'm starting to see the light at the end of this tunnel.

No comments: