Friday, October 17, 2008

Week #2 Complete....and still standing

I can't believe I have completed 2 full weeks of Radiation and Chemotherapy. What a week!!!! Talk about an emotional roller coaster (I hate roller coasters). The week started off totally blah, and now that I have had time to digest some of the realities of my situation, I am feeling a bit better. Like yesterday, today was only Radiation and it was quick. It really helps to travel with a good friend and feel so much love and support.



My radiation technician decided to indulge me and have some fun with my tattoos. There were four tattoos placed on me during the first planning session so that they can align my body to the machine and radiate accurately. When I mentioned that I always wanted a tattoo of a little heart with angel wings, they all said it wasn't possible....the best they could do is allow me to choose any black dot I wanted. And so it was......then.....



Today, my tech and I had this conversation and she mentioned that she used to be an art student. I asked her to go to town on my abdomen and she drew (in ink only) a beautiful little heart with the most precious angel wings. I was so impressed and thanked her profusely. She can't possibly know what this really means to me. She told me that her parents would be so proud that her studies had not gone completely to waste. Imagine that!!! I realize that it will be removed by tomorrow in the shower, however, I can certainly enjoy it and flaunt it right now. Hmmmmm, unless I only wash around it.....lol.



Last night I had the opportunity to meet up with a couple of wonderful girlfriends for an evening of laughter, tears and way more laughter. It really is good for the soul. Thank you to my precious friends with whom I couldn't have gotten through this week. Once again I am reminded to count my blessings and realize that my friends and my family are second to none. I love all of you so dearly and try to remain.....the Positive Thinker.



Now, the exhaustion kicks in. I have time for a nap before the kids come home from school.....the weekend is upon us and I look forward to a couple of days of rest and another attempt at Torah Study tomorrow. Shabbat Shalom!!!

No comments: