My particular course of radiation must be done with a full bladder and an empty bowel. As you can imagine, it doesn't always go according to plan. I was ready to go, everything aligned, I'm on the table and they tell me my bladder is not full. I'm thinking I drank a full bottle of water, so what gives? I am then escorted off the table, back into the waiting room to "refill" with water and orange juice. By the time I went back into radiation, I didn't feel any fuller. In fact, I figure that the past two weeks of radiation has burned a hole in my bladder and the water is just seeping out somewhere else. I can drink and drink and drink and it doesn't seem to make a whole lot of difference.
In the end, I was not completely full, but enough so that they could continue with the treatment.
This was supposed to be one of those quick appointments, but didn't turn out that way. The patience of my friend is so appreciated. She sat with me while I refilled and helped pass the time with ease.
So, now....dehydration seems to be an issue (I wonder if there will ever be a day without an issue).
I've decided after speaking to my sisters that the side effects of these treatments and drugs are just stupid. I don't get any pleasure from it....it's highly uncomfortable and just ridiculous, so....I'm gonna get rid of them. I have changed my mind....I don't want this crap anymore!!!!! What's with the dust bunnies???? What's with the kishkoids????? I can't take it anymore and apparently this is just the beginning.....G-D help me!!!!
Monday, October 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment