Sunday, October 26, 2008

I'm Taking a Beating

Who knew? I was not prepared for the actual accumulative effects of Radiation and Chemotherapy. I am simply exhausted!!!! I have very little energy and my body has been taking such an intense beating that my joints are hurting on top of all my other unpleasant side effects. The whole area being radiated has weakened substantially and I now have to use my "high energy" time to exercise and strengthen up a bit.

Today is the perfect day to indulge in some comfort....a nice, warm bath, some scented candles, a good sudoku puzzle, a funny movie, a piece of apple pie with non dairy ice cream (when no one is looking), fluffy slippers and warm milk with honey. Perhaps when I awake from my nap, I will do just that.

Looking forward to a dear friend baking my favourite cookies will get me through the next few days with little agony. Another dear friend sent me her cleaning lady...thank you...thank you.

I am being showered with lots of love and hugs and kisses from my baby boy who has come home a day early to spend time with Mom. You are a very good soul and an amazing spirit. Out of all the boys in the whole wide world, I am so lucky to have you as my son.

Now it's time for our nap.....good night. xoxo

No comments: